Saturday 24 July 2010

3 ways of being kind to yourself



















This week I have been thinking about self sabotage patterns in my life. I have been reading about it and now would prefer to call it "an oppertunity for growth". Reading this article by C. Devon Hastings "NLP for Eliminating Self Sabotage" has really altered my thoughts on the whole topic.

I was in a trap of thinking it is me, I can't stick to things, I can complete things and I am useless at seeing things to the end. What chance am I giving my self to succeed when this inner mantra is running through my head. Why not try to address these events as they happen as 'oppertunities for growth'.

I wonder what will happen when instead of saying, well, I've not stuck to my excersise plan this week, so I have failed, failed again..... blah blah blah. Why don't I try something different?

From today I'm going to try an experiment try to see things differently. When I see myself beginning to fall into old patterns, I' going to stop and write it down. Write down how I am feeling, what I see the obstacles as that are stopping me and really try to see what is going on in my head. I am not going to beat myself up about. I am going to be kind to myself and see what happens.

3 ways of being kind to myself:

1. Take time every morning & evening to write. Write how I am feeling, what I am feeling and what oppertunities for growth I have found each day. I'm not talking epic insights, just a page in the morning and at bedtime. I think that this will give me a real insight to what it is that I let get in my way.

2. I am not gong to say the words "but", "try" and "can't",which in my case is normally followed by "be bothered"!
This is going to be interesting. Imagine the possibilities that I will open up to myself but taking the negative words out of my vocabulary for 30 days! I also anticipate it being a little tricky.

3. I am going to spend half an hour each day doing something for me. I don't know what this will turn out to be, I'll just go wth the flow with this one and see what happens.

Do you sabotage things in your life? Or have you overcome this pattern? I would love to know your thoughts.
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment